GRcadeTwitchcast – E3 Discussion Videos!
The Electronic Entertainment Expo which most just call E3 is the time of year us game lovers call our Christmas. It’s a little daft, but the sentiment is pretty simple, we watch people sell us stuff… Wait, that’s not what Christmas is about?
I’m not writing a massive article about E3 here, but instead a few of the people from GRcade took to Twitch and decided to talk about E3, some of the conferences were at convenient enough times for people to have live reactions to them, while others weren’t and will be discussed in a general E3 round up in the end.
First video up is Microsoft. Doom and Pedz were available for this, ad7 did try and join, but, was unable to do having Mic troubles. The Watching Artist (Matt) joined approximately half way through as Doom had to leave, but he did return to talk a tiny bit about the conference overall.
Ubisoft. Ah, good old Ubi, you can’t help but admire their crazy silliness. Do they stay as silly? Let’s have a look.
Inside Xbox. Another Xbox Conference, it’s not a ’60 games announcement’ conference, but it does show a few new games and talks a little about the future of the Xbox One. I think Doom put’s it well at the end of the live viewing.
Lastly, we have the Nintendo E3 Direct. We have Jenuall, The Watching Artist (Matt) and Pedz taking part in this one. They didn’t watch the direct during its live broadcast but they did watch it for the first time, together.
We haven’t been able to get together since this, so a round-up isn’t likely going to happen, but we all had fun doing this and we hope we can get more done for future events. Thank you all for watching and listening to us all prattle on!
Doom and Pedz are joined this week by Captian Kil for his first Twitchcast appearance.
This week’s exchange is all about:
- Super Mario Maker 2 and the latest Nintendo Direct. Honestly the direct isn’t spoke about too much, it’s mainly Doom, Kil and Pedz talking about whether it looks like a significant upgrade,or if it should have been Super Mario Maker Deluxe.
- Sony and Microsoft teaming up and perhaps Nintendo using Azure for streaming games.
- Kil catches us up on City of Heroes and Villains, which has recently come back to for all to play and for free.
- Doom brings the Playdate and Huawei into the conversation with how interesting the former looks and hipster-ish, while Huawei has been great for him and he’s hoping things will be changed back so he can have more Huawei devices.
- Kil tells us about his visit to the V&A exhibition in Dundee. It’s sounding pretty ace.
- We then talk a little about games we’ve played, though it’s pretty brief, most talk is about Sea of Thieves and how Doom and Pedz view the game differently.
This week your hosts are Doom, Pedz and for the first time Serial Celer.
This week the good folk of GRcade talk a bit about the release of Resident Evil 2 Remake, and a little about the series in general. We also delve into the recent Nindies Direct (Nintendos Indie Direct). Finally, we talk about the 2018 GRcade Game of the Year Awards. The awards are run by Celer, and the voting is done by the members of GRcade.
It’s a fun discussion about what we think may have been the reasons for some of the votes, what we voted for, and why other games may not have had the success we thought they may have had. There was also talk of winners from previous years.
We also had a special moment in where Doom is asked his opinion by Celer and his reply is not what you expect. Sorry for the clickbait like sentence there, but I don’t want to spoil the moment for you.
Remember, we stream this live on Twitch and would be grateful for anyone who enjoys listening to come along and take part. It’s what the Twitchcast is all about.
Click here to download the audio file.